Sunday, March 27, 2011

1st Week of School

Gracie has now completed her first week of school.  She did such an awesome job!  I was so worried that she would be fussy, but her teachers said she did a great job.  I am so proud of our little girl.  I am so thankful that I can go check on Gracie throughout the day.  It is so nice to be able to go and check on her.  I can't even imagine having to leave her for 8 or 9 hours straight.  I had hoped that I would be able to feed Gracie several times throughout the day.  Although work did not always allow that, I was able to see her.  I can't wait to see how much Gracie grows and learns while being at school.  She is doing such a great job holding her head up by herself now.  She can't do it all of the time by herself, but she is working on it.  Another exciting development is that Gracie is opening her hands up more and more.  It is amazing how big her hands seem now that she does not keep them closed all of the time.  These are just a few of the changes with our little girl.

My first week back to work, it was quite exhausting.  I was not prepared for how tired I would be going back to work.  After only one week back at work, I feel like I have been there for weeks.  There are so many new challenges of going back to work.  The hardest challenge has been not being able to be with my little girl all day long.  Yes, I know that I have it so much better than most mothers, since I can see her throughout the day.  But I still struggled with me not being her primary care giver during the day.  My main concern is that she will grow more attached to her teachers instead of me.  However, I have to say, it melts my heart when I walk into her classroom to give a tour or talk to the teachers about work related stuff, and she hears my voice and starts to cry.  No, I don't want my little girl to cry, but it is nice that she recognizes my voice.  The first day I left my little girl while being at school was on Thursday when I went out to lunch to celebrate my friend's birthday.  We were sitting at the table when all of the sudden I realized I had left my little girl.  This was the first time I had been away from here except once when she was a week old.  I was sad for a minute but then realized she was taken care of and perfectly fine.  We are now getting ready for our second week of work/school.  I can't wait to see how my little girl does this week.

My little girl on her first day of school! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment